Week 3(2) Independent study - atmospheric drawings

For homework we were supposed to make 4 drawings with scary or dramatic atmosphere. I didn't want to focus on details, but rather the overall atmosphere of the piece because what I think often makes things scary is an element of unknown and I wanted to achieve that by including as little detail as possible without making the drawings indecipherable. 

My first drawing is of a window at the cathedral. I'm not very happy with how it turned out, but I wanted to see what it would look like without smudging the charcoal.

The second drawing is a building I can see from my window. I wanted to try not smudging the charcoal one more time. It does have a bit of a grainy, blurry old photograph feel to it, but it wasn't the effect I was looking for.

The next one is the train bridge. I liked the reflection of the lamps on the wet ground and how the inside of the arcs is the only thing that is illuminated. 

The last one is just a street and some lamps. Again, I liked the reflections on the ground. Obviously, I could see the surrounding houses, but I thought it would look more dramatic if only the lamps alongside the road were visible. 

Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar