Week 6 - Life drawing - tonal drawings

We've started this lesson with 5 quick drawings, then we did two 5min drawings which we were supposed to create using only/mostly tones, not lines. After that we focused on tonal drawings. I think the works from this lesson are amongst the worst of my works. They are not all horrible, but they are not exceptionally good either.



 This one was supposed to only use black and white, no midtones (at least that's how I understood it). This one is a disaster. It doesn't fit proportionally...at all.
 This one is a bit better I think. I've tried to exaggerate the shadows and lights even more than in the last drawing. I kind of like how contrasting it looks. 
 This one was done with hard pastels and it's a complete fail. It's all just scribbled, I didn't really know how to work with them so shading is just not happening. The proportions are all wrong, I don't even know what is the worst part. It looks like I was on three kinds of drugs, definitely not my best work.
This one is a bit better but I could've chosen more contrasting colours because now the difference between light and dark is almost lost.
 I'm not very satisfied with this one either. I should've started with darker shadows so I wouldn't have had to go back to them so many times. The proportions could've been worse considering that I couldn't erase the sketch, but I wouldn't consider it a very good drawing/painting. 

Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar