Week 6(2) Independent study - movement

For this week's homework we had to draw 4 movements.

For primary reference I watched my friend put things on her shelf. I've noticed that I often draw different poses in different height, making it look like the figure is jumping or something so I should probably work on keeping the drawings in line.
For the second drawing I wanted something a bit more challenging so I asked my friend to climb on the desk and jump off a couple times so I could try drawing that. Some of the poses look quite good, but I think the jumping itself is not very dynamic.

For secondary reference I first chose a video of my cat playing with something. That proved to be just way too fast to capture, so I tried slowing it down a bit, but it was still too fast. I tried drawing it anyway, but I feel like it was way above my skill level. 
The second drawing is part of a contemporary dance video and it was slightly less difficult than the cat, but I still struggled a lot. Next time I should probably pick something simpler to start with, even though I did manage to draw both the cat and the dance. 

Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar