Week 5 - Leaf

This week we had to animate a leaf blowing in the wind. I've started my animation with the leaf on the ground because I thought it would be interesting to see it just kind of shuffle on the ground before being picked up by wind. I've coloured one side of the leaf so it's clear that it's turning and twisting because otherwise it might go unnoticed as the leaf moves pretty fast.
Here are some sketches I've made for the trajectory and movement of the leaf.

I've tried to focus on timing and make the leaf speed up/slow down at the right moments. The slowest parts are at the tops of the loops, after those the leaf picks up speed and it almost stops at two points (It was supposed to boil for longer but it looked kind of like the animation got stuck so I've decided shorter boil is better than wrong looking boil).
This was fun even though sometimes I didn't really  know how to twist the leaf the way I want to. I can't say I'm not happy with how this turned out, but I'm sure I could've done better.


Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar