Final Brief - Process 2 (final pieces)

Cover:
Above is the original rough for the book cover which got basically rearranged and turned into different illustration.
 
I started with a border which I've done with the lasso tool because I wanted clean, sharp edges and the wobbly kind of lines you get with the lasso are perfect for this plant-ish look.
                                                   
At first I wanted to do the title with lasso too, but then I made an ink drawing and it works much better.
                                                   

A wall of trapped birds:






















 Bird-call 
This drawing was initially meant to be fully shaded, I was thinking about using the photo textures in them and I got pretty far before realising that the illustration would not fit with the other two.

Switching to flat colour was very complicated, I didn't know if it would look good or if I would have to remake it again. 

Fortunately, everything turned out better than expected.

I have several versions of the gif because I wasn't sure if all the movements would work so I saved it in multiple stages: 


Also, I was scared that something bad would happen because the file was huge and photoshop was having trouble handling it and I didn't want to risk not having any gif so I exported it after every added movement.



Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar