Week 3 - Brushes

This week we were making brushes out of drawings we've made. 

shapes/eyes

 hands/feet

 jagged/swirly

 wavy/straight

 messy/splatter

legs/arms
 stripes/spots


here are the resulting brushes:
 I like how the eyes have a kind of spiky/scaly effect. 

Then we were supposed to create a creature using these brushes. 
I've used mostly the eye brushes because with the right spacing they had a nice texture for some kind of reptile. 

I used some of the splatter brushes for the background to give it a bit of texture, but not too much so it wouldn't clash with the creature. 


I've used the eye brushes because as I've mentioned before, they have a spiky kind of effect. 
finished piece: 
 I've made another quick drawing using only one of the brushes. This version seems a bit more grounded in the background because I had more control over the position of it's front legs.


Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar