Week 4 - Digital painting

In preparation for this lesson we had to get some photos and sketches of Worcester. 


We turned one of the sketches into lineart and continued working on it in photoshop. This isn't my preferred method of digital painting, but it was fun to try something different. 
Here are some progress screenshots:




And the final result:
I used some textured brushes to make the stone look less smooth and played around with layer blend modes to give it the effect I wanted.

Then we drew one of the photos.I only traced the general outline and then continued as I normally would.


I started with basic colours taken from the original photo. 

I sampled the darks/midtones/highlights from the original photo, but I didn't like them so I adjusted them slightly.

This is the final result. I could've added more details, like wood grain and shaded the iron better.




Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar