Week 5(2) - 3 dimensional form

This week we focused on depicting 3 dimensionality with light and shadow. 

We started with two continuous line drawings of the whole space. I don't like how the first drawing turned out composition wise. Half of the room is not even in the picture and the other half is weird as well.

The second one is a bit better I think. I worked slower and took more time to look at where things were in relation to other things. 

The other 3 drawings are all on toned paper. We weren't supposed to use lines at all, only blocks of dark and light, which is always very difficult for me. I don't like working on shadows first, then midtones and then light because usually I kind of work on all three in turns and dedicating specific amount of time to just one at a time doesn't really work for me. 


I feel like the transition between light and shadow is too harsh here, even though there were parts where they really were like that I should've blended them better to make it look more natural.



Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar