Week 4 Homework - Hands

For this homework we were supposed to draw five hands holding different objects. Hands have always been a nightmare for me, I can never get them quite right, so I was a bit scared of this task. The end results do resemble hands though, so I guess it wasn't as much of a disaster as I'd expected.

Pencil
I've started with a pencil drawing because this is the medium I'm most confident with. 
 Charcoal
For my next drawing I chose a knife and used charcoal because I feel like charcoal can create very dramatic effect which went well with the chosen object. This is probably my favourite drawing from this homework. 
Watercolour
This wasn't the best choice of medium, as the sketchbook doesn't have watercolour paper and I couldn't get as much shading done as I would've liked. It was also pretty challenging working with watercolour while holding sunglasses in my hand. 
 Pen
Looking back at this, I could've done a better job shading this one. 
 Coloured pencils
On this one I've worked with Karolina, to whom the other hand belongs. We thought it might be interesting for the held object to be another hand. This was a very challenging drawing and took me about twice as much time as the other drawings. I'm aware that there are some anatomical mistakes and some parts look really off, but at least I've managed to finish it. 
Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar