Week 1(2) - Group critique and tableaux

In the first lesson we did a critique of our work we did over the Christmas break.
It was very interesting to see how others have approached the brief and to read what others think about my work. Some people pointed out that I should add more annotations to my work, which is true, I rarely remember to do that. They also mentioned I could work in colour more, but the feedback was generally very positive. 

Then we looked at the term "Tableaux" and in groups tried to think of our own tableaux.
First, we were drawing the first group, whose tableaux represented gossip. It was much harder than drawing just one model because I had to focus on spaces between people and obviously because there were more people to draw so I couldn't just spend the whole time getting one person right. I tried to do as much as possible in the first 10 minutes so that I could focus on fixing mistakes and maybe adding some details in the other 10 minutes. 
Our tableaux was "the uninvited guest at the birthday party" and I have to say that standing in one position for 10minutes is a lot harder than it looks. 
It was a fun thing to do, something different than usually.




This semester I would like to stick less to my comfort zone and experiment a bit more. I've tried new things last semester too, but I still tend to try and play it safe. I think I tend to ignore the technical aspects of drawing, like proportion or angles, when I'm trying to convey some emotion in my drawings, so I should work on finding a better balance in my work. I also feel like I tend to exaggerate foreshortening sometimes so I will try to be more careful about that. 
Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar