Weeks 11/12 - location drawing

I did my brief in my hometown Banská Bystrica, mostly because I know it a lot better and so it was easier to find what I needed. Part of my sketches was done in the historical centre of Bystrica and part was done where I live, showing the difference between the old architecture and the new. I think I would've enjoyed this brief more if it wasn't freezing outside, making drawing a living hell.

City centre:
Top left/Right: The Parish Church
Bottom left: City hall

Top: City hall
Bottom: SNP square (the leaning clock tower, plague column, The Church of Franz Xaver)

Left: Town castle
Right: Ebner's house(?)

Top: Kammerhof
Bottom: a bank
SNP square

Pršianska terasa (where I live and surrounding streets):






These are the pieces I did for the 6 words. 

For Frightening I drew one of the unfinished buildings across the street where I live because they have this kind of post-apocalyptic, abandoned feeling about them, especially in winter. I chose charcoal because it makes everything look more dramatic.

For Muffled I chose a half fallen apart building overgrown with trees and bushes. In summer you almost don't notice there is a building at all because it's hidden behind all the foliage. 

For Fevered I picked this weird looking house. There's just so much going on, it was the first thing that came to my mind with that word. I did this one in acrylics because I wanted to do it in colour and acrylics can be layered so I can hide my mistakes under layers of better looking mistakes.

For passive I chose part of the city walls that once surrounded Bystrica, but now they're just crumbled bits and pieces of stone. I felt like that conveyed passivity well. I used pen because I wanted to try different techniques than usually and I think it was a good choice for drawing a stone wall

For erotic I really didn't know what to draw. This one took me the longest to find something for and even now I'm not quite sure about my choice. I ended up painting two joining highways that I tried to make look more dynamic with brushstrokes.

For Transcendent I chose part of a church. I originally wanted to draw light coming through stained glass windows, but the weather refused to cooperate. 

I don't like drawing buildings and architecture too much, but I tried to find some ways to make this brief more interesting for me. I think that despite everything, the outcomes are relatively good.

Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar