Week 8(2) - Riverwalk and recompositing nature

This week we went sketching around the river. I was trying to look for some interesting compositions that could be improved by adding elements, but I also sketched things that simply caught my interest somehow. I enjoyed combining different elements into one drawing, but now that I'm thinking about it, I could've used colour in at least one of them.



I drew some thumbnails of what I wanted to draw. I ended up changing some things that just weren't working as I'd imagined.

I liked the staircase as it was, but figured it could look interesting with some kind of gate. Then I came across these things on the railing and used them as a sort of a gate. I think i should've placed the posts a bit differently because like this they don't really line up with the staircase, which makes it obvious that they were originally not there. My main goal was just to make it look more interesting, but it would've been nice if it looked believable. Maybe it would help if there were some visible shadows. 

I thought the wall with the wires on top and spiky things above the door looked a bit fortress like, so I added some pillar ruins on top and added a chain that I found on a railing somewhere. I also removed a trash can because it was ruining the fortress atmosphere. 

This one is probably my least favourite of the four. I didn't think about it as much as the others, but it's the only one that could look like it wasn't altered. 

This one is my favourite. At first I was afraid I'd gone a bit overboard, but when I saw the cathedral tower sticking out above roofs I just immediately thought about how it could be sticking out of the river. I've used continuous line, though I did a quick sketch of what is going to be where beforehand because I didn't want to risk drawing it without planning. 

Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar