Week 3 Homework - still life self portrait


I've left most of the things I would've liked to use for this at home, but this is what I've managed to put together.

Book: This one is simple, I love to read. I didn't draw the title so it could be any book but I did draw the cover, because it's a Welcome to Night Vale book, which is somethig I like too and this way I got two things in one drawing. 
Flower crown, crystal: These are just some things I like. They are pretty. 
Shoes: This only really shows in the coloured pencils drawing, but they have space painted on them and it seemed like the best way to express my love for space.
Mug: I like tea and coffee... and nice mugs.
Four-leaf clover: I actually collect four-leafs and I usually have a lot of good luck.
Devil's trap: I like the tv show Supernatural. 
Lollipop with scorpio: I don't know if I can explain why I chose this, but I feel like it kind of fits my personality. 
Horalka: Horalka is a traditioal Slovak wafer which relates to me being from Slovakia and I also really like sweets.
MUSE T-shirt: I like music and Muse is one of my favourite bands.
Both the Muse t-shirt and the space shoes also represent my love for art as they're both hand-painted. 

I don't usually draw with pen so I wasn't sure how the continuous line drawing would turn out, but it's ok. In my opinion the flower crown is best in the first drawing, I also like the shoelaces, but it's obvious pen is not my strongest point. At first I wanted to do the other two drawings as kind of sketches, but then I got carried away a bit. Pencil is medium I'm most confident with, so I had high expectations of myself with that one. My favourite part in that one is probably the lollipop. The third drawing turned out surprisingly good as I don't have much experience with coloured pencils. I've also decided to remove the t-shirt because it just didn't look good. It was ok in the line drawing but shaded it was just a dark mess that ruined the composition. 
This was fun to do even though it took me more time than it probably should have. 

 continuous line drawing, liner
 tonal drawing, pencils
colour drawing, coloured pencils
Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar