Week 1 - Homework: Self portrait

This proved to be harder than I'd expected. 
I'm not very good at portraits and a self portrait was even more challenging. The main problem was probably that I don't see myself objectively and even though I saw myself in the mirror I kept trying to draw what I think I look like. 
 I wish I had spent more time on the sketch and made sure everything fits in the beginning because it would've been a lot easier to fix at that stage. Unfortunately, as is typical for me, I have rushed through that part and started shading while the sketch wasn't even done yet. 
The end result is not too bad, but there are things that just don't fit. My face is too long, the eyes are too big and the shadow on my forehead is a little too dark. My favourite part is probably the hair, which is technically unfinished, but I just like it this way so I left it as it is. 

pencil, cca 1:50

Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar